It is no surprise that you’ve decided to move to Pahrump. This city is constantly growing and changing for the better. Vicinage of Las Vegas – it is only 60 miles away – is a huge plus when deciding to move to Pahrump. You will have the feeling of rural living. Clear air, freshwater, friendly neighbors, and low taxes make living in Pahrump perfect. But, whenever you want to feel an urban vibe and have more fun, Las Vegas is just here in the neighborhood. The decision is made, you’ve searched movers Las Vegas cost, made your choice based on cost and reliability, and all you have to do now is pack your things, and go. Before you put all boxes in the moving truck, just a quick reminder – don’t forget to pack your essentials box for moving to Pahrump.
What is the essential box?
You’ve spent several days packing all your stuff for moving. All your things are in the boxes, secured, and ready to go. Everything is loaded, you’ve searched and found the best movers in Pahrump NV and the truck is gone to meet you in your new home.
But imagine this – You and your family arrive at your new place, and the truck is not there. It is late, stuck somewhere on the road.
There is no fork to eat, there are no toothbrushes, food…
So an essential box is just that – the box or two with some essential stuff for you to have in the first few days after moving before everything else arrives and you get the chance to unpack.
The essential box is going with you. You don’t want it late if there are delays with the moving company. And sure you don’t want it buried somewhere under all other non-essential boxes.
How to pack your essentials box for moving to Pahrump?
Moving is extremely stressful, there are way too many insecurities involved and every little thing you do to reduce the stress is important. Smart packing is one important step you can do to make this process easier.
There are two ways to pack your essential box:
- Pack essential box for every member of the family
- Pack essential boxes for the main rooms in the house
Whichever way you choose you should follow simple rules.
Keep in mind this is an Emergency box. Don’t overpack your essential boxes. It is just for the first few days in your new home. And usually, these are the same things you need for your last days in the old home so it will be packed last.
Essential box for family members
Every family member should choose some necessities for a few days. If you decide to pack this way, every box should be marked by name of the member. You can still pack one general box with things that everyone will use like some basic bathroom and kitchen basics.
The general box should include
- Bathroom necessities – toilet paper, towels, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, conditioner
- Kitchen essentials – paper towels or kitchen cloth, dish soap, plastic utensils, paper plates, garbage bag, one or two pots, bowl…
- Some food – salt, pepper, spices, pasta, a few cans, snacks, drinks
- Basic tools – scissors, knife, flashlight, batteries…
- Everything you need to make coffee
- First aid kit
- Phone chargers
- Cleaning basics – cloth, universal cleaner
- Few bags for garbage
- The most important documents – IDs, passports, birth certificates…
Personal boxes for every family member should include
- Medicals, if you have any prescription
- Personal devices – laptops, phones, tablets..
- Clothes for a day or two
- Personal hygiene items – toothbrushes, hairbrushes, cosmetics
- Glasses or lenses
- Book, game
- Work-related items
If your kids are older they can prepare their personal boxes and if you have babies or toddlers you can add
- Baby formula, bottles, and diapers
- Favorite snacks
- More clothes
- Favorite books, toys, night light
Your pets also need their essentials. They will probably be stressed and afraid when moving so make them feel safe and at home. You can pack:
- Pet food. Bowls for food and water
- Favorite toys
- Bed, pillows, anything they are used to sleep on
- Clean bags
- Leach, transporter, etc
Essential box for the main rooms in the house
If you decide to use this approach, label your essential boxes by the room it belongs to.
Make sure to pack everything you might need to prepare a few meals and to have enough snacks and water.
- Some food that is durable – like cans, pasta, jam, snacks, cereals…
- Water, drinks, coffee, coffee maker, tea
- Bottle and can opener
- Necessary spices
- Plastic forks, spoons, knives, paper cups, and plates
- Several mugs
- Dish soap and a kitchen cloth
- Small pot and pan
- Bedding – a set for each member of the family, like a pillow, bed sheet, blanket…
- Clothes for a few days
- Curtains to make sure you have a good night’s sleep and privacy
- Night light for kids’ bedroom
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss
- Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel
- Hand soap
- Universal cleaning solution
Use this box for everything else you might need in your first few days in your new home.
- Laptops, tablets, and other electric devices
- Games, toys
- Flashlights, batteries
- Everyone’s personal medical therapy
- First aid kit
- Glasses, contacts
- Allergy medicals
- Important documents
- Art collections
You might want to add some additional boxes for pets, a cleaning box if you need to clean your new place when you arrive, additional things for kids…
Whichever way you choose to pack your essentials box for moving to Pahrump, it is important to follow the list and not forget anything. Moving companies in Las Vegas, Nevada are reliable, however, your essential boxes should go with you. You’ll never know if there are going to be some delays especially if you are moving from another state. If you are moving somewhere really close, you can put your essential boxes at the end of truck loading. That way they will be the first ones to unload and you can arrange them to the room they belong.