When it comes to packing fragile and bulky items, people tend to break down. This happens because they probably didn’t prepare well enough and then they started to panic. However, you should know that when it comes to dealing with some specific moving tasks, all you need to do is organize well and pack on time. We will help you learn how to pack your small instruments. But, if you really want your instruments to relocate safely, have trust in Triple 7 Movers who will help you with everything. Now that you know this, we can move on to helping you pack properly.
First of all, before you start throwing yourself to work, put on the oxygen mask. You need to remember to breathe. Relocation takes a lot of time and requires plenty of patience. So be sure to arm yourself with some. Then, you can focus on the process of preparation itself. Since you’ll relocate your small instruments, you need to beware of their fragileness. Hence, you should know which moving supplies to buy for breakable items as soon as you can.
Once you get this done, you can concentrate on the planning part. This is what you need to do when preparing for your move:
- Hire a reputable moving company – Whether you’re moving a house or just miscellaneous stuff, appliance movers Las Vegas can help you with that. Don’t hesitate to contact professionals especially if you’re moving fragile items.
- Get proper moving supplies – One of the easiest things to do when relocating is getting packing materials. You should also know that you get them for free. Look it up online and find suitable boxes for your stuff.
- Set a firm budget – It’s easy to get carried away when relocating. Therefore, set a budget that will not be changed throughout your entire relocation process.
- Call friends to help you out – Your friends and family are your support. They don’t have to mess with your packing or moving process in general. However, it would be good at least to have them as emotional support.
- Make an inventory – A great way to stay on track is having an inventory. This means you can see where you stand with your moving process at any moment.
Before you start packing all your belongings, inform yourself about all the relevant information you will require. For instance, what is the best day for the move or how can you save some money when packing. These are all delicate information you could find very useful. Besides, who doesn’t want to save money while moving? So, make sure you have a piece of paper and write down everything you may need.
Now that we’ve come to the tricky part, be sure to have that pen and paper. Hence, when packing, you should do this:
- Declutter your home first. The first thing you should do definitely is decluttering. Get rid of unnecessary items either by selling or donating them.
- Set a timer when packing. You don’t want to push too hard. There’s no need for it. Therefore, pack a few hours a day and you will do just fine.
- Label everything. This will really alleviate the packing process for you. Make sure you label every box so you stay organized.
- Use proper box size. When packing, make sure you estimate the box size and the size of your things. Don’t overpack since it will rip the boxes.
- Wrap your fragile items. Before you put fragile stuff into boxes, wrap them in protective materials such as bubble wrap. Only then you can put them in boxes.
- Don’t leave space in the boxes. This will save you both space and will help you not damage anything.
Pack your bulky items for relocation
Further, packing your entire house for relocation can be a hassle. But, if you managed to pull all these above-mentioned steps, you’ll do great. Moreover, if you encounter the issue of handling bulky items, there is an easy solution. There is nothing better than having an easy solution for a hard problem. Hence, if you have to pack your bulky items, make sure you empty everything inside. For example, if you’re moving your beds and shelves, empty them. Then, disassemble them if you know how to. In case you don’t know, ask professionals to do it since they are trained for that sort of job. When taking your furniture through the doors, protect them with some materials. It could be some sort of tape or foam bag.
Pack your small instruments for relocation
Finally, you can dedicate yourself to the most interesting part of the job. It’s time to pack your small instruments. In case you thought this was hard, you were very wrong. Handling small instruments is like handling feathers. You need to approach it as if you’re supposed to pack something very delicate. Here’s what you should do:
- Loosen the strings. If you’re packing violin, guitar, or other similar instruments, loosen their strings a bit.
- Separate mouthparts from the rest of the instrument. This stands for brass musical instruments.
- Stuff padding in the boxes. Protect your instruments before placing them inside boxes with pads and cotton.
- Spend some extra money on good-quality boxes. Don’t save money on these things. Buy more resistant cardboard boxes.
Money-saving moving tips can help you a lot, especially if you have to invest some additional money in more delicate stuff. However, you need to calculate everything carefully. Various things could sneak on you and make you lose track of your budget. Anyway, you see that it’s not hard to pack your instruments. It is not even a hassle since you’re doing something to preserve what you care for. In that case, nothing is hard. However, if you’re still facing some difficulties, feel free to contact us any time!