When you’re preparing for your relocation, you want everything to go smoothly. That is completely understandable. So, once you decide it’s time to start packing your bags and hit the road, that’s when you want everything settled. In case you didn’t know, packing is one of the most important parts of your relocation. Packing and moving companies Las Vegas can demonstrate why it is so important. On the other hand, once you arrived at your new house, you will see how significant that packing process actually was. Therefore, we will teach you in which order to unpack your boxes and how to deal with post-move activities.
Why is packing properly very important?
To start with, packing is one of the most crucial parts of your relocation process. Logically, you can’t really relocate without your belongings. That’s why it’s good to start preparing in advance. If you’re relocating to Las Vegas, you might not know all the things that await. That’s why it would be smart to grab a pen and a paper and get ready to write things down.
Before we unveil why it is so important to pack properly, know you need to create a unique moving checklist. That checklist should consist of all relevant things you will do throughout your moving process. Yes, packing is included as well. So, here is what you should do according to your moving checklist:
- Declutter your home – This may be one of the first things you should do. Decluttering will help you know what you dispose of later on carry along. On the other hand, it will help you get rid of things you don’t use.
- Get rid of unwanted items – One of the ways you could benefit from this is by organizing a garage sale for these items. However, you could be in a win-win situation should you decide to donate those belongings.
- Pack in advance – If you want to see efficiency in action, you will pack in advance. This varies from person to person. But, it is optimal to start packing at least some 6-8 weeks prior.
- Invest in high-quality equipment – Even though you could go cheap on your moving boxes, it might be a better idea to invest in something more expensive. Of course, expensive isn’t always better but it is in this case.
- Use the right size boxes – Assess the size of your belongings and buy the boxes accordingly. It will save you both time and money.
Remember that heavier items go at the bottom of each box and the lighter on top of them. Also, don’t forget to fill in all the gaps, as you shouldn’t leave space in your boxes. Additionally, you should know the importance of labeling your moving boxes. All your boxes need to be labeled properly as well as taped. Make sure you tape them tight so you don’t have unpleasant situations.
In which order to pack your boxes?
Believe it or not, the order in which you pack and unpack your boxes is very important. Firstly, we will deal with the order in which you pack your boxes for relocation. So, when it comes to packing your boxes, you should know that you will need some adequate packing supplies for your items. For instance, here is what we mean:
- Different sizes of moving boxes
- Packing tape
- Label materials
- Bubble wrap
This is the first step you will take. Afterward, you will have to pack your items one by one in proper moving boxes. Also, bear in mind you should use your materials wisely. There is no point in wasting them. Try to be more environmentally friendly. Consequently, you will save a lot of time and a lot of material.
Ready to pack
Before we unveil the secret of how packing boxes for your move works, be sure to schedule your movers for your moving day. Movers in Pahrump NV will gladly help you relocate all your belongings with the utmost safety. If you’re ready to start packing your boxes, start with items that are not essential. This refers to books, records, off-season clothes, holiday decorations, and so on. Pack all these items in boxes in which they fit. Then, move on to the things that are essential. You could use some extra protective materials for these, such as:
- Packing paper
- Extra ducktape
- Bubble wrap
In which order to unpack your boxes?
After relocating, you still have things to get done. Therefore, don’t let your guard down just yet. Don’t forget to be cautious since you should try to avoid household damage while moving which could easily happen when packing. On the other hand, you might consider unpacking efficiently after relocating. We know how busy you will get after relocating and you would want to get so many things done as soon as possible. But, after you learn in which order to unpack your boxes, everything else will just go smoother.
Here is the ultimate guide on how you should unpack your boxes:
- Develop a system in which this will work
- Start with your kitchen supplies
- Unpack your first-night essentials
- Move on to your bedrooms
- Unpack your bathroom boxes next
- Plan each room before actually unpacking
- Deal with utilities last
You will see how fast this whole process goes. After you start, you will not even get the sense of how quickly you’re actually unpacking. That’s why it would be a smart idea to not lay down the moment you arrive and just get to work to deal with this so you could rest later.
Ready to settle in after moving
Learning in which order to unpack your boxes is quite important. Thanks to that order, you can easily have control over what you’ve done and what is left to be done. Unpacking can be fun if you plan it ahead, of course. That’s why we strongly recommend you to start planning early and unpack after relocating as soon as you can. Good luck with your relocation and contact us should you need any guidelines.