It’s moving day and you know what that entails, right? Lifting and carrying boxes, running around and probably a great deal of stress. To survive this day, you need to make sure your body is ready for all the challenges that it is about to face. Just like it’s important to choose the perfect movers Henderson NV and the right clothing for moving day, you should also pay attention to the food you eat when moving. If you don’t know how to prepare the proper moving day diet, you’re about to find out. We’re here to help you have a successful moving day and feel good while handling this relocation.
Have a Good Breakfast
Eating a big breakfast is what you should always strive to do. However, when it comes to a tiring and demanding day like this, you need to do everything you can to help your body get through it. You need to fuel your body properly if you want to have enough energy for all of your tasks. So, start the day right before the professional movers arrive. Make sure your first moving day meal will keep you full and energized until lunch.
Moving Day Breakfast Ideas
- If you want your moving day diet to be healthy but filling and easy to make at the same time, you can’t go wrong with a bowl of oatmeal. Prepare the oatmeal and add some berries, fruits and nuts to make it more filling. You can also add chia or flax seeds or sweeten it up with honey.
- In case you prefer something a little bit stronger for breakfast, make some sandwiches. You can make them with avocados, eggs and some more veggies if you want them to be very healthy. Another thing you can do is add some bacon or cheese to them.
- Make a smoothie with your favorite fruits and vegetables. You can even add some protein powder. Make this the night before or in the morning if you have time. If this isn’t strong enough to be your breakfast, have it as a snack between breakfast and lunch to give you a boost of energy.
Prepare a Proper Lunch for Moving Day
Next up is lunch. If your breakfast is strong enough, you won’t get too hungry before lunchtime, which is convenient. After a productive morning, it’s time to reward yourself with a delicious lunch. You have a few options when it comes to lunch on moving day. You can order your favorite meal, quickly go to your favorite restaurant or prepare something yourself. If you want to save some money and time on moving day, you should prepare food ahead of time. So, when you’re prepping for the move, searching for moving quotes Las Vegas and packing your things, you might want to start planning the food you’ll prepare for moving day. Making food in advance is also a good way to stick to the moving day diet you have in mind. You can choose the ingredients and make sure you’re eating healthy on a hectic day like this.
- Again, sandwiches might be the perfect choice for your moving day lunch. You can add as many things to them as you want, eat them with meat and veggies and make sure that they are nutritious enough. If you want to prepare your moving day diet in advance, you can make them the day before moving.
- A good salad is also a good idea when it comes to moving day food. This doesn’t mean you need to eat only vegetables. You can add chicken, bacon, fish, rice or even pasta to your salad to ensure it fills you up.
- Have some meat and vegetables. You’ll need protein and energy. This is another thing you can prepare the day before and keep it in the fridge (until it’s time to move the fridge).
Think About Dinner When Preparing Your Moving Day Diet
It is important to make sure you have good, healthy and energizing food throughout the entire day. However, when it comes to dinner, you should think of meals that will be a reward to you for surviving moving day. Once all the boxes are in your new house, your residential movers have left and you’re on your own, you can enjoy the final meal of the day. You’ll probably be tired from moving, so you can order something from your favorite restaurant. Check which restaurants deliver food to your neighborhood and choose something that will finish the day off nicely.
Keep Snacks on Hand
The last thing you need is getting hungry in-between meals and not having something on hand. Yes, you’ll be having nutritious meals, but you’ll also be working a lot. To make sure you don’t go hungry and lose energy, have some snack handy. You can make a trail mix, pack some fruit in a zip-lock bag or find an alternative that suits you. Stay away from chips and unhealthy options that will only make you feel lethargic and put you in a food coma. The reason you need healthy options in your moving day diet is that they will make you feel good and energized.
Preparing Your Moving Diet
Even though it’s often overlooked, your moving day diet is actually very important. You should try to eat food that makes you feel great and keeps you going throughout the day. So, in order to avoid gravitating towards fast-food options, it’s best to think about moving day food in advance. At least find some good ideas online and make a rough plan of your diet in your head. Bon appetit!