When you need to move, you have to prepare many things. You should find one of the best moving companies Las Vegas, gather all the packing supplies, pack everything, and so on. However, the move does not end here. Once you reach your new home, you will have to unpack all the boxes. This is yet another huge task that will take some time to complete. In addition to this, once you take your items out of the boxes, you are left with dozens and dozens of empty moving boxes. For this reason, you should find to do something with all of these leftover moving boxes. If you do not have any ideas, here are some tips on what to do with leftover moving boxes.
Ideas for your leftover moving boxes – Part I
Here is the first set of ideas for your leftover moving boxes.
- Local recycling programs – you can take your boxes to have them recycled. If you have a large number of boxes, you might be able to schedule a free pickup.
- Sell your boxes – you can list your boxes on BoxCycle to sell them. Many moving companies will buy used moving boxes. This is a good way to earn some money since you will probably need it once you start decorating your home. You can also post it on Craigslist. In addition to this, Freecycle is another useful website where you can list your boxes.
- Ask your neighbors – once you get to know your neighbors, you can ask them where to donate/sell your boxes. Maybe some of them will want to buy your leftover moving boxes. You can also post flyers around your neighborhood.
Even more ideas in Part II
Have a plan for your leftover moving boxes before moving companies Henderson NV deliver your items.
- Charities or Community organization – Local schools, libraries, community centers, churches, and similar organizations usually accept moving boxes.
- Use boxes for storage – if you plan to store some of your items in a unit, use the same boxes.
- Save the boxes for the next move – leave only the cleanest and most sturdy boxes. You can flatten them and put them somewhere aside. In addition to this, if you do not use them again, maybe your family member or a friend will need them.
- DIY projects – if you have children or pets, you can make playhouses, pet beds, and so on. In addition to this, you can use cardboard as protection when you paint your walls, change oil, or when you have to kneel when gardening.
All the tips and tricks
As you can see, you have many options. Choose the one you like the best. It does not have to be only one idea, you can use all of them. Moving boxes can be useful even after the move, you just need to know how to use them in your household.