People tend to move during the spring or the summer. The reason is quite simple. It is more comfortable to move when the weather is warm and the sun is out. In addition to this, people usually take a vacation during the summer and children are out of school. It is only logical to use this time to relocate. However, most moving companies will be booked. For this reason, you should consider moving in the off-peak season, or in other words, during the fall and winter. This should not be a problem if you are moving to Las Vegas as winter is mild. Therefore, here are all the reasons and tips on moving in the off-peak season.
Moving in the off-peak season – Part I
Here is the first set of tips and benefits of moving in the off-peak season.
- Finding a moving company – winter months are quite slow for the movers. For this reason, you will have an easier time finding reliable North Las Vegas movers.
- Budget-friendly – moving companies usually offer discounts, even up to 30 percent off. They have to attract customers. For this reason, you can find some good discounts, especially during the holidays.
- The month, day and time may affect the moving costs – choose mid-month and mid-week when scheduling your move. This way, you will have the entire weekend to unpack.
- Movers will appreciate the cooler weather – it is not comfortable to work during the summer months when it is scorching hot. Movers prefer working in the cooler weather.
Moving in the off-peak season – Part II
Here are the other set of tips and benefits.
- More flexibility – as mentioned, you can choose your moving date as the demand for moving services is low. This helps to reduce the level of stress you might have.
- You have more attention from the moving company – since they are not as busy as usual, movers can dedicate more time and attention to your move.
- Less busy roads – since people try to avoid traveling during the winter, the road will be less busy. For this reason, your delivery much quicker since movers can avoid traffic jams. Again, when you are moving to Las Vegas, you do not have to worry about icy and slippery roads.
Tips for moving in bad weather
It can happen that the weather is horrible on your moving day. For this reason, you should make sure nothing will happen during transport. First, you should double-wrap the boxes. The reason is simple. This will prevent leakage, especially during heavy rain. In addition to this, you should also protect yourself. This means you should wear footwear and jackets appropriate for cold weather and rain. You will not slip and hurt yourself when wearing the appropriate clothes. Lastly, cover the space between your house and the truck so your house will not get all muddy and dirty. It is hard to clean the house after the rain.