Most people perceive moving as simple transportation of your belongings from point A to point B. In reality, moving is much more. It is a complicated process that requires a lot of planning and good organizational skills. You can always make the whole situation a bit easier by acquiring professional assistance. Check Las Vegas movers rates and pick movers who have all the necessary tools and knowledge to execute your move from start to the end. Furthermore, moving is not over when you arrive at your new address. You still have to unpack and make your new home adequate for living. Additionally, you have to get used to your new surroundings, which is not an easy task. Due to these reasons moving gained a reputation of being a stress-inducing event. The pressure increases even further as the moving day edges closer. This is the day for which you have been preparing, and the day when all your hard work will pay off. Needless to say, you need to be at your sharpest for this day, and luckily for you, we have prepared the ultimate guide to help you with preparing for moving day. Stay with us to find out more.
Get up early and start preparing for moving day
Nobody likes to get up early, but sometimes we just don’t have a choice. Imagine the scenario where the moving truck has arrived and you are still in your pajamas packing leftover boxes or trying to find your car keys. This is most certainly a recipe for disaster. This is an important event, and the best way to make sure everything runs in accordance with the plan is to get up early. Therefore, go to bed early the night before and don’t forget to set up your alarm clock! A long day awaits you and you need to be fresh and relaxed. Start your day with a cup of coffee and a nutritious breakfast, you don’t know when you will be able to have your next meal. Be ready when movers arrive so you could greet them and show them around. Offer them a cup coffee and go through the moving procedure one last time.
Make a moving inventory and do final checkups
People tend to get lost when they are surrounded by loads of different tasks and obligations. The best way to counter any ill-fated events is to make a proper moving plan and a checklist. Spend the last few hours before your North Las Vegas movers arrive in checking your moving inventory.
- Take one final tour around your house and cross off everything that is packed
- Clean the house before you leave
- Did you notify all the important people about your relocation?
- Did you organize a cable provider at your new place?
- Don’t forget to pack your important documents like ID, passport, driver’s license, pet documents, moving contract, insurance, house or apartment paperwork.
- Charge your phone and laptop
- Check the weather forecast for that day so that you know what to wear.
Pack your essentials box
Remember that you will have to spend some time on the road, especially if you are moving long distance. Even if you are moving just a couple of blocks away, you will need to pack the essentials bag. This bag should contain everything that might come in handy during the move, as well as during the first couple of days until you fully unpack. In other words, all the items that you need to carry on with your daily activities. Some of the items you should pack in your emergency box:
- Clean clothes. Moving includes physical activity, so make sure you pack some spare clothes.
- Books. Are you traveling by plane or bus? Bring a book to keep you entertained.
- Electronic devices and chargers
- Water. Don’t forget to stay hydrated, especially if you are moving on a hot summer day.
- Food and snacks. Pack food that is healthy and easy to consume at the same time. Chicken sandwiches with lettuce and tomato are a good all-round option. Pack some chocolate for an instant energy boost.
- Cosmetics including soap, shampoo, toothbrush, paste, and toilet paper.
- Scissors, knives and other emergency tools.
Other useful tips for preparing for moving day
If you did your homework correctly and hired a reliable moving company you shouldn’t have any problems, but we advise you to supervise the load-in phase. You should be there to point out at boxes that contain fragile items and to check if everything was safely loaded into the truck. Also, we advise you to take your valuables with you. By this, we mean jewelry and other irreplaceable items like important documents. Even if you have a quality insurance policy some items are just not possible to replace.
What to do when you arrive at your new home
The moving day is still not over, and you have to tell your movers where to put the boxes. Use that moment and see if any of the boxes are missing or damaged. Tip your movers when they are done, and proceed to unpack. You don’t need to unpack everything the same day, but try to resist the urge to procrastinate. Take a shower and get some much-deserved rest. Or you can go out and grab something to eat. Explore your new neighborhood and see where are the best eateries and restaurants.
As you can see, relocation doesn’t have to be stressful if you make a good plan and stick to it. Follow our guide for preparing for moving day and you will see that the whole process will become much more enjoyable. We wish you a safe relocation.